• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS developer conference?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Almost 20 people have filled in the survey now. That gives useful information, but I think more developers should be interested. So if you haven't done so please fill in the survey or tell your friends about it!

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

Francois

FSDevConf team
Country
italy
Hi,

How about ' getting in touch with Microsoft and ask them if they would mind sellling the FS private customer licence (for normal consumers, not for businesses as they did before) and/or source codes to our community and at what price and then see if we can raise enough money and skill to improve on FSX and make FSXI' for a subject ???
They could still market it themselves for a 'small' price:).

This has been tried 'ad infinitum'. It's a dead end. There is nobody left at MS who has a shimmer of understanding of what Flight Simulator is for the 'communities'. Besides, there's Prepare3D already ;)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
We'll put the word out some more........ various forums, news sites.... ;)

Thanks Francois. Make sure to present it as an idea though, we still have to decide if we go for it or not :).

Country
unitedstates
Bases on a few responses above, if the interest is positive, maybe Lockheed Martin should be approached with some form of sponsorship for the event? Could be a win-win.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

We have just send out some emails to promote our idea on other flightsim sites as well. Hopefully that will give a few more responses to the survey. At the moment we are not sure if the amount of people interested is big enough to go through all the effort of organizing something. So we keep the survey running another week or so.

I had been thinking about contacting Lockheed Martin already. They might be able to tell something about Prepar3D. And since it will help get more people into developing for Prepar3D they might be interested with helping to host the online conference or so.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi all,

Just to let you know Jon and I have analysed the survey results today. They look very promising and we will go ahead and discuss the details with a small group of people. Once we have more to report we'll let you know!

JB3DG

Resource contributor
Country
southafrica
I would really love to get a chance to chat with devs from the P3D team....I have only one missing link left to putting DirectX gauges in FSX and Im hoping they could supply it. Im considering writing a book/tutorial on it once i succeed....

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think may be there should be a request from the audience what should be discuss, and who you want to discuss about this.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Tic,

The survey already gave some of that information. But we will most like do another enquiry later on.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I'd like to purpose a topic of "Light".
There are different kind of light to use in the project.
1. Default Light from AFCAD file.
2. Effects.
3. Bgl light command.
4. Other modified lights from the aircraft to use with scenery.
5. Light by texture and material modification such as Bill's light.

Even I wrote a tutorial about this, I got a little bit confused now.
It would be good if you have a conference on this and collect this discussion as a sticky or in WIKI. So everyone can take a look, less repeated asking and answer in the forum.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Good suggestion, I'll write it down.

But if I understand you correct you would more prefer a panel discussion on this than a presentation.

Send from my phone using Tapatalk, so excuse the short sentences and possible typos

Country
us-colorado
FS Developer Convention

I would be FIRED up to attend something like this....this discussion was from last year....has there been a future one scheduled?
Sacrifice of time and money is EVERYTHING for anyone wanting to be a professional at anything.
If we want to become outstanding, we must continually refresh and upgrade our minds as we do our computer software......running a computer on a windows 95 O.S would be ridiculous, yes? Same with our minds, if we don't continually upgrade our software in our heads, we can never get ahead.

"innovate or parish"

What can I do to help make this happen?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

We are still discussing the idea and for sure we would still like to organize something. There is a handful of people now discussing the details. We had a test session last month where we tried different platforms to broadcast such a session. We are now discussing how to proceed and get a schedule for a conference.

If there are one or two very enthusiastic people that would like to join these discussions and help organizing that is always welcome of course. Just drop me a message.

Country
unitedstates
Hi,

We are still discussing the idea and for sure we would still like to organize something. There is a handful of people now discussing the details. We had a test session last month where we tried different platforms to broadcast such a session. We are now discussing how to proceed and get a schedule for a conference.

If there are one or two very enthusiastic people that would like to join these discussions and help organizing that is always welcome of course. Just drop me a message.

what type of assistance is needed?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
We are not looking for something specific now, so can be help maintaining a website for the conference, help in testing and preparing the technical platform, help with organizing all the presenters, etc.

Country
unitedstates
While I personally have little to contribute w.r.t. FSX, that I believe anyone would be interested in, I would welcome the opportunity to be a part of, and at least listen/watch, developers discussing aspect of FSX development.

Count me in ..

ollyau

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Maybe you could share a bit of what you've learned about the multiplayer system? It was never really documented, and I think it could be an area of renewed interest.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,

Good suggestion, I'll write it down.

But if I understand you correct you would more prefer a panel discussion on this than a presentation.
I'm sorry that I just noticed your reply, Arno.
I would love too but right now I still don't know how the conference will take. It would be difficult through the time difference around the world?
If you discuss something in a specific working hour of mine, which might be your convenient time, I cannot participate that.

Gaiiden

FSDevConf team
Country
unitedstates
time difference will be a major factor in scheduling. We will always defer to the speaker's time restrictions, as attendees that miss that talk can always view it later on YouTube, albeit without the opportunity to engage the speaker in discussion after the session. Priority #1 is to get the info out there, so in that we will defer scheduling to the speakers