• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Help with services.xml

Country
germany
Hello everybody,
I have created a non-existent airport (ETNT) and want the fuel service to come and other vehicles to drive there on the roads. I laid out all the roads and vehicle paths and connected them to the parking spaces.
I created the directory AIRPORSERVICES with the corresponding subdirectories and the associated XML. But it doesn't work. Unfortunately, I don't understand the necessary commands. Can someone give me a working file?
Thanks!

Country
unitedstates
It would be best if you included your services.xml file here. Just paste in the text, select it all, click on the ellipsis above and use the "Code" button above. Here's mine. I only wanted fuel services at my airport. Please note the filename paths in the SDK are "wrong". All of the directores have Asobo_ as a prefix on the directory name. It took me 4 months to figure that one out.

Code:
<SimBase.Document Type="ServiceFile">
    <Service.ParkingSpaceServices>
        <ParkingSpace  name="RAMP GA" MinParkingSpaces="0">
            <ParkingTypes>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA_SMALL"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA_MEDIUM"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA_LARGE"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_CARGO"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_SMALL"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_MEDIUM"/>
                <ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_HEAVY"/>
            </ParkingTypes>
            <IdleWorkers>
            </IdleWorkers>
            <Services>
            </Services>
            <SleepingActivities>
                <SleepingSmallPlaneRefueling Probability="0.1" Timer="600"/>
            </SleepingActivities>
        </ParkingSpace>
    </Service.ParkingSpaceServices>
    <Service.AirportServices>
        <Services>
            <Service name ="Fuel" Filename="Shared\Asobo_Fuel\Fuel" ParkingType="VEHICLE" Frequency="1.0"/>
        </Services>
    </Service.AirportServices>
</SimBase.Document>

You're also very likely going to want to have a Living World Config file to limit the available vehicle types at the airport, unless it has gates and is a large airport. Personally, I only wanted fuel trucks and some of the operations vehicles at mine. There's probably only 1 or two pushbacks on the whole airport, and we rarely see them. Only when the very large corporate jets come in. I've attached both of my files in the zip file below in the directory structure they should be in. Make sure to add the two files to your layout.json, and to rename the files and directories appropriately for your airport (replace the ICAO characters with yours).

Attachments

• AirportServices.zip
    615 bytes · Views: 266
Last edited:
Country
germany
Dear FlyingsCool!
Thank you very much.
I have taken over your details, but nothing has happened yet.
Here is my current file, it is under \AirportServices\ETNT\services.xml
What am I doing wrong????
The information on probability and timer is intentionally so that I can see something, but......

###services.xml###

<ParkingSpace name ="RAMP GA" MinParkingSpaces=0>
<ParkingTypes>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA_MEDIUM"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_GA_LARGE"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_MIL_COMBAT"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="RAMP_MIL_CARGO"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_SMALL"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_MEDIUM"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="GATE_HEAVY"/>
<ParkingEntry ParkingType="VEHICLE"/>
</ParkingTypes>

<IdleWorkers>
</IdleWorkers>

<Services>
<Service name ="SmallPushBack" Filename="Shared\Asobo_PushBack\SmallPushBack" AIType="SmallPushback" Frequency="0.2"
SpawnDistanceParkingRadiusFactor="1.0" SpawnDistanceAdditionalOffset="2.0" SpawnAngleFromParking="-10" HeadingFromParkingHeading="150"/>
</Services>

<SleepingActivities>
<SleepingAirlinerServices Probability ="1.0" Timer ="30"/>
<SleepingSmallPlaneRefueling Probability ="1.0" Timer ="30"/>
</SleepingActivities>

</ParkingSpace>

<Services>
<Service name ="Fuel" Filename="Shared\Asobo_Fuel\Fuel" ParkingType="VEHICLE" Frequency="1.0"/>
</Services>
</SimBase.Document>

Country
unitedstates
I assume:
1. This AirportServices directory is in the root directory of your package?
2. You have the file listed in your layout.json?
Code:
    {
      "path": "AirportServices/ETNT/Services.xml",
      "size": 960,
      "date": 132470722413048098
    },
3. You have moved your package to the Community directory, have exited MSFS after moving it there, and reentered MSFS?

If you make any changes, you have to exit from MSFS and restart the program.

I should point out as well, you don't necessarily need an Services.xml if you aren't wanting to reduce or increase the traffic. Have you tried running your airport without this file first, and just depend on the default services? I'd do that first, just to make sure things are working. Did you add any vehicle parking spots? A fuel parking spot? Those might increase traffic on your airport.

Have you connected your taxiways to a runway taxiway? This probably isn't necessary, but you may want this later if they ever get AI traffic working properly.

Country
germany
Hi FlyingsCool,

my layout.json contends
"path": "AirportServices/etnt/Services.spb",
"size": 195,
"date": 132560677784474148

as far as I understand, the Services.spb is the compiled Services.xml.
Is that correct?
I have some Vehicle und 1 Fuel parking spot and yes, tha are connected to the taxiways.
I don't know where I make the mistake.
So I will trie to delete the services.xml and take a look what happens....

Country
unitedstates
Wait did you just copy the Services.Spb to your directory? If so, why?
If you're directory has a Services.xml and you're json calls for Services.spb, then, it won't be working anyway. In fact, your airport might not even load? I'm confused, sorry.

Country
germany
After the BUILD command, the directory in the PACKAGES folder contains services.spb. This is the generated XML. Of course the services.spb is in the layout.json!

I have now deleted the service files. Now I also have FUEL service, but I would like a lot more traffic at the airport.
The fire department should also be happy to drive ... but that doesn't seem to work that way.
Thank you for all the help! Got a little smarter again!

Country
unitedstates
You control the number and types of vehicles on the airport with a Living World Config file. Directory name and location is very important. Even if it's called out in the Layout.json file, if it's not in LivingWorld_Config\ spelled exactly, MSFS won't see it.

Country
unitedstates
Services says what scripts exist and assigns the scripts to the objects.
Living World lays out what objects are in the world and how many.

Attachments

• LivingWorld_Config.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 241
Country
sweden
How do I add a ramp staircase to my domestic airport having eliminated the pb in the services.xml ?

Country
unitedstates
the pb?
If you want it to act as a service, you have to have the service available.
If you just want to have a fixed ramp staircase, you could create a small addon which places a ramp object in a location. You don't have to create a whole airport to do that.

Country
sweden
My intention is to add a moving ramp to the front door in this domestic airport. IRL the plane is positioned in front of the small hall by arrival and will at departure by its own engines turn left and departure to the runway again. No pushback needed or available. I have now succeeded to import a staircase but is now struggeling to position it correctly before and after in use, so the plane can tax in and out without collission. Furthermore the staircase ramp only remain for 30 sec but I guess this is hardcoded by Asobo?

Attachments

• ESTA ramp.JPG
    ESTA ramp.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 115
Country
unitedstates
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you did based on what you said.

Did you create a new Services.xml? Did you create a Living world config file? If you did, if you want help, you should post the relevant content of those files, which would be necessary to change the services available at a given airport as it sounds like you want to do.

In the new Services.xml, you could change the services at the various types of parking spots, and could remove the pushback service as an available service for the parking spot type you are using at your airport. In the Living world config, you could remove the large pushback as an available vehicle, and exchange it with another if you prefer and want to have a pushback, just not that huge monster thing. In my case, I changed the large pushback vehicle to be one of the luggage cart tugs, which is more like what is used at KACK, a recent airport I developed. In fact, I've never seen one of those massive tugs they have in the game for large planes at any airport I've ever been to.

I find it very hard to believe that your airport, if it accepts A321's, doesn't have some type of pushback vehicle available. Be that as it may, if you use a GA_Large parking spot, it should activate the boarding ramp automatically when a large aircraft is parked there (it does for me) by default. I haven't seen it disappear yet, but, I'm not an airliner user, so I've only seen them spawn with static aircraft, though I have seen them move into position when the passenger door opened.

You could, however, go through the SDK examples and develop your own Boarding Ramp service. I haven't done that yet, so I can't help you.

Country
sweden
Thanks for your comprehensive reply.Ive created a Service and Live xmls and added these to the Packagedefintions folder, works nicely.
In this way I have deleted the pushback by removing these lines from the Service xml , now the pushback dont show up. In addition I have succeeded to import a stair ramp which connect to the front left exit correcly when asking for it however:
- why does it only remain 30 sec, not waiting for my request to pull away?
- why does it change colour from time to time?
- if requested a second time at the same position it goes to the opposite door (catering door)…?

The background for the proceedure is that at this minor domestic airport there is mainly only one major airline/aircraft delivering and collecting pax 2-3 times per day witha 30 min stop without catering and fueling service, going back to the origin airport Arland next to Stockholm. I departure on it own engines by turning 90 degrees left at departure.

Åke

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi all!

I am currently updating one of my freeware airports (Bahrometrix EDLE). And in this context I would like to deactivate every, really every airport service, the slider for these objects looks like this for me:

msfs_slider_airport_density_vehicles_workers.jpg

In MSFS it looks like this:

msfs_services.jpg

The vehicles and workers are not wanted because this airport does not have this service

My Services.xml looks like this:

Code:
<ParkingSpace name ="RAMP SMALL">
<ParkingTypes>
</ParkingTypes>
<IdleWorkers>
</IdleWorkers>
<Services>
</Services>
<SleepingActivities>
</SleepingActivities>
</ParkingSpace>
<Services>
</Services>
</SimBase.Document>

The Services.xml file has been integrated into the package as the "Service" asset using the Scenery Editor.

I don't want Pushback Vehicles, Fuel Trucks, Vehicles and Airport Workers. Is that possible to deactivte all of them?

Country
unitedstates
Hi all!

I am currently updating one of my freeware airports (Bahrometrix EDLE). And in this context I would like to deactivate every, really every airport service, the slider for these objects looks like this for me:

View attachment 75656

In MSFS it looks like this:

View attachment 75655
The vehicles and workers are not wanted because this airport does not have this service

My Services.xml looks like this:

Code:
<ParkingSpace name ="RAMP SMALL">
<ParkingTypes>
</ParkingTypes>
<IdleWorkers>
</IdleWorkers>
<Services>
</Services>
<SleepingActivities>
</SleepingActivities>
</ParkingSpace>
<Services>
</Services>
</SimBase.Document>

The Services.xml file has been integrated into the package as the "Service" asset using the Scenery Editor.

I don't want Pushback Vehicles, Fuel Trucks, Vehicles and Airport Workers. Is that possible to deactivte all of them?
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Did you try it and it's not working? Why are you asking if you can do this?

Country
sweden
Yes, you need to edit the xml-file from Services: under services in the xml at different positions put "0" to frequency i.e. for instance under Small PushBack services. Place this mxl file after saving under AirportServices in thePackageSources and run Save and Build for the airport in question, Place the Package then in the community folder. The Pb service should not occur now.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Did you try it and it's not working? Why are you asking if you can do this?
The question was perhaps put in a somewhat ambiguous way.

I would like to deactivate all services at the airport. This includes fuel trucks, large and small pushbacks and cars. Can this be deactivated via the Service.xml?

I tried the Service.xml shown above for the EDLE airport, but the small pushback trucks and cars (The ones on the parking spots) are still displayed to me. Can the cars be deactivated via the Service.xml?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Yes, you need to edit the xml-file from Services: under services in the xml at different positions put "0" to frequency i.e. for instance under Small PushBack services. Place this mxl file after saving under AirportServices in thePackageSources and run Save and Build for the airport in question, Place the Package then in the community folder. The Pb service should not occur now.
I'll try the one with "frequency=0.0" right away.