• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Jena City for the MSFS

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi, i would like to introduce you to one of my projects :)

This is the City of Jena, located in Thuringia in East Germany. The scenery will only contain landmarks, processing using an orthophoto does not seem necessary.

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_3.jpg

The city museum in Jena, it has an animated banner

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_8.jpg

The TEAG heating power plant is located in the south of Jena

The special feature of the scenery is the picture exhibition by Dirk Witten in the Jena town hall ...

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_14.jpg

There are also animated people here, the Bahrometrix Living people. They look at the artistic pictures with interest

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_16.jpg

The imposing city church in the city center. Who wouldn't want to pay a visit there? :)

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_26.jpg

The planetarium

msfs_bahrometrix_jena_city_6.jpg

The JenTower was sponsored by Orbx. Thank you very much for that!

A few minor fixes are still missing. And then it goes straight to the manual and the installer. Later more .. :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi!

The scenery is ready and it has been published. As usual with all Bahrometrix downloads, access to the add-on is freely accessible - it is barrier-free. Prior mandatory registration is not required
:)

Download Link: Bahrometrix - Jena City v1.00

Features
- Full-fledged PBR add-on
- Building of the city of Jena
- Bahrometrix Living People
- Environment occluder

Special feature
- Picture exhibition "The Ruhr area" in the town hall

The pictures of the picture exhibition in the town hall are provided by photographer Dirk Witten and the JenTower comes from ORBX. Thank you for providing the material!

Screenshot (939).jpg

msfs_jena_city_1.jpg

msfs_jena_city_32.jpg

msfs_jena_city_31.jpg

msfs_jena_city_3.jpg

msfs_jena_city_2.jpg

Country
germany
Great work Christian. It shows that placing the most important and eye catching POIs within a city makes it instantly recognizable and IMHO it looks even better than the photogrammetry cities (because it lacks their downsides like slow loading times, deformed lumps of trees and cars and washed out grey-brownish textures). I´d love to see your southern german airfields in MSFS, too.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Great work Christian. It shows that placing the most important and eye catching POIs within a city makes it instantly recognizable and IMHO it looks even better than the photogrammetry cities (because it lacks their downsides like slow loading times, deformed lumps of trees and cars and washed out grey-brownish textures). I´d love to see your southern german airfields in MSFS, too.
Many Thanks! I'm working on another project in parallel: Approaching Dortmund. It includes the EDLW airport, the Hengsen-Opherdicke airfield and the Dortmund city area with its many sights. Later, when the Dortmund scenery has been published, Nannhausen and Bottenhorn will also be developed for the MSFS :)

Country
austria
If we are talking about this one:
Then yes :D

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
If we are talking about this one:
Then yes :D
So purely from looking at the pictures, I would assume there are two different JenTower :scratchch

Yours looks really great, job well done! :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I would like to know if the art museum will change the exhibitions on a regular basis?;)
We also asked ourselves the question, it is actually possible without further ado. It's just the time that is missing, maybe in a later update.
The current Dortmund project is calling. That has priority :)