• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Lost TOOLS Menu

Messages
139
Installed SP1 ok, but my TOOLS menu has disappeared. I checked the dll.xml file and indeed it was back to original. I set TRUE to FALSE as required and checked that path for the SDK is correct. Does the SDK version have to be the current 1a?

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>H:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
 
Yes, you need to apply the patch fsx_sdk_sp1a.exe to update the SDK.

George
 
Sdk 1a

Done. Uninstalled old, installed new.. still no TOOLS menu...

The dll.xml I am editing is in the <user>\Application data\Microsoft\FSX folder.. there is no other one to edit is there?

Anyone else with this problem?
 
Last edited:
Hi,

I have no problems here, only needed to disable the disablement and correct the paths in the dll.xml file. Are you really sure the paths are correct? If you haven't installed FsX and the SDKs in their default location they might not always work.
 
Yes. Same situation.

Uninstalled FSX, reinstalled ... applied patch ... edited new copy of dll.xml to TRUE.

Still no tools.
 
Hi,

I have no problems here, only needed to disable the disablement and correct the paths in the dll.xml file. Are you really sure the paths are correct? If you haven't installed FsX and the SDKs in their default location they might not always work.

I have my Fsx in D:/fsx And the sdk SP1 in D:/FsTools Which worked perfectly untill I installed FsX Sp1 Maby I will try with the Sdk in the default Dir.\ with Fsx
 
I have my Fsx in D:/fsx And the sdk SP1 in D:/FsTools Which worked perfectly untill I installed FsX Sp1 Maby I will try with the Sdk in the default Dir.\ with Fsx

Just make sure you edit the paths in the dll.xml file, I haven't installed the SDKs in their default location, but once I set the path correct they work fine. No need to reinstall everything in those ugly default paths.
 
Just make sure you edit the paths in the dll.xml file, I haven't installed the SDKs in their default location, but once I set the path correct they work fine. No need to reinstall everything in those ugly default paths.

oops Didn't realise sp1 and sp1a were diferent updates everything now works Ok
Hey I even have la:D nding lights on the Lancair Now I,m Flying
 
SP1a

I am running SDK SP1a but FS X update is SP1.. no TOOLS and the path is set correctly. Is there a 1a for the FSX main update?
 
Last edited:
Tools

Ok, I have now uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and patched to SP1. Uninstalled and reinstalled SDK and then SP1a. Re-edit DLL. My FSX is on separate hard drive SATA H, my SDK is in default location on C:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

SHould work, but doesn't. Next step I guess is to uninstall SDK again and put it on same drive as FSX..
 
No go

Well, I don't know what else to try... placing SDK and FSX on same drive and then re-edit DLL.. still no TOOLS menu..

Incidentally, WIN XP Professional and up to date running with 2 GB memory and ATI 1600 Pro 512.
 
After installing the FSX SDK SP1a, you need to run the program "ConfigSDK.exe" to configure all the paths correctly.

You shouldn't need to uninstall anything before installing the SDK update.

Dick
 
Hi,

The dll.xml file you posted looks fine, I see no real difference with my own file that works (except from the paths of course, as I installed on a different location).

So I don't understand why you do not get the Tools menu.
 
puzzled

I'm puzzled too.. its not rocket science... but if I am the only one with a problem surely the error is mine? I now have both FSX and the SDK on my SATA drive H. SDK is in the FSX directory under.. \SDK. On my C: drive in default location the DLL.xml is now..

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>H:\FSX\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>H:\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>H:\FSX\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
 
Last edited:
I'm having the same problem as well. FSX and the SDK are on the same hard drive and my dll.xml is properly edited.
 
What I learned

Hi,

I had this same problem, but now is solved.

Let me explain what I learned in the forum:

1. There are 2 entirely seperate downloadable service packs.

FSX SP1 updates the sim
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/P...vicePack1.aspx

FSX SDK SP1a updates the SDK
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/P...KitUpdate.aspx

You need to install both.
(Sent by Paul)

2. When the FSX.exe file is uptaded, you should have this:
File version:

10.0.61355.0 (fsx-sp1.20070510-2038)

(posted by George)

3. The DLL referenced in the file dll.xml must have the same version (updated or not updated) for the FSX.exe. FSX.exe updated will not load the old dlls and vice-versa).

This solved the Tools problem for me.

Regards,

José
 
Back
Top