• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ScenProc script suggestions

Country
us-missouri
gdal_rasterize -i -burn 255 -burn 255 -burn 255 -tr 0.000009266010702 -0.000009266010702 -te -126.02494697 45.07114956 -125.97001807 45.11255936 -ot BYTE "%path%\SBuilder\shapes\fantasy_island_blend.shp" "%path%\PR\fantasy_island_blend.tif"
Jim, when I use the above command you suggested in July I don't ever get past 0% when trying to invert the colors for the blendmask. The GDAL command process you've suggested above is much quicker (if I can get it to work) and I'd like to stick with that instead of opening up Gimp if that's possible.

Country
unitedstates
Hi Chris,

But it works OK without the -i? That's strange, I've been using one like that and I just ran it, took about a second to write a 18756 x 12505px .tif. Is your blendmask .shp really huge? Mine is roughly 60nm vertically and 50nm horizontally with about 25,000 points.

Country
us-missouri
Two 7.5-min grids... 31998 x 16002 pixels, so mine is a little bigger. But I'm not covering anywhere near the square miles you are.

It just seems odd that it takes about a second to kick out the blendmask without adding "-i" but I never get past zero percent if I add the invert command. It's not the end of the world that I have to open up Gimp but I am trying to eliminate extra steps and troubleshoot scripting issues that that give me issues like the black and red lines at the borders.

But some unrelated good news is that I am learning how to get creative with ScenProc commands and generate a wide variety of objects like grain elevators, water towers, windmills, storage tanks, churches, and other items based on height and location.

Country
us-missouri
Made some changes to my autogen building script in ScenProc and I don't see any buildings in my sim.

While I troubleshoot, I was wondering if there is a file I that contains building/roof GUIDs, rather than just copying and pasting what others have used that might not exist in my sim. Roofs.BGL seemed like a good possibility, but I don't know what to do with that file. And I couldn't find anything useful in default.XML

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

You need to take them from the autogen definitions. So you need to look at the roof definitions there, not at the roof GUID in the BGL file.

But scenProc has code completion for all the guids, so it should be easy to see what is there and what their friendly name is.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
That's another option. But in the field where you enter the guid you can also start typing the friendly name to select the guid you want.