• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS20 Several objects in a single bgl

Messages
14
Country
germany
Hi,
it seems that something has changed in one of the last versions.

I convert one FSX scenery BGL to MSFS package named EDWS. The BGL contains three objects.
When I open EDWS_project in MSFS, no object ist shown.

My last working version of MCX created three subfolders in the modellib folder named EDWS_000 , EDWS_001, EDWS_002
(not that old, the one before created EDWS_mc_001 ...)
The current version creates one subfolder named EDWS_-001

I tried this with a different P3D Scenery - one BGL, 19 objects. This time I remenbered to open the console first and got lots of errors:

1666103761614.png


While gltf and bin file sizes of EDWS were reasonable comparing old and new MCX version, EDLN it is pretty clear:
The working MCX version created 19 Folders, total size ~480kB
The folder created by the current version is ~4kB.

As I am always happy with the defaults in MCX options, I did not change anything.

A setting I am not aware of?

Thanks
Frank
 
Hi Frank,

The - 1 in the folder name is weird, looks like the object index could not be found. Let me see if I can reproduce this, it has probably something to do with a change I made last weekend.
 
Hi,

I can confirm it was a bug indeed, it will be fixed in the next development release.
 
The new development release with the fix is online now.
 
So sorry...
Took EDWS again, expecting 5 objects. Folder structure is like working version, file sizes are not identical but reasonable (EDLN too).
However, when loading the scenery in editor, the following errors occur:

1666297924172.png


Would you mind having another look on it?

Thanks a lot
Frank
 
Did you make the placement file with MCX as well or did you do that manually? Looking at the messages I have the impression the coordinates might be wrong in there or so.
 
New error is definitively not caused by MCX.
I've made a binary file compare, current MCX version generates exactly the same files like previous working version.
Will make more detailed checks now
 
Cannot reproduce anymore what I exactly did, might have been some MSFS caching, maybe it works now because I've changed the project name.
Mentioning different file sizes was false, I've compared wrong versions.

Anyway, I confirm that there was just one MCX bug re object index - and this is perfectly fixed now.

Thanks a lot!
happy Frank
 
Back
Top