• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 SimConnect error

Country
mexico
Don one question, when I got the message simconnect.dll not found after loading an airport, where is AFLT looking for it?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Clearly, the add-on has been detected. Now all you have to do is figure out why it won't execute? Do any of the other add-ons shown in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg execute?

I have a similar entry in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery_add-ons.xml. Curiously my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg is empty.

Country
mexico
The problem begins when I open AFLT and load a reference airport, as soon is loaded the error message comes up, if I delete the p3d simconnect the error message comes up with different data, so AFLT.exe is not reading the simconnect in the AFLT installed folder, the .exe file in some way knows that the dll is there

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The problem begins when I open AFLT and load a reference airport, as soon is loaded the error message comes up,
SimConnect is not called from AFLT. SImconnect is not called until you execute P3D
if I delete the p3d simconnect the error message comes up with different data,
What do you mean by "delete the P3D simconnect".

Are you sure you are following the AFLT user manual? Please be explicit when you refer to files and state the control names that you are activating.

Please post your Project Folder (see user manual) and the reference airport so that I can attempt to duplicate what you are doing (when you tell me exactly what you are doing).

Country
mexico
This was when simconnect.dll supplied with AFLT is present

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll' ni una de sus dependencias. No se puede encontrar el módulo especificado.
Nombre de archivo: 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll'
en AFLT4._5.Communications.OpenConnectionToSim()
en AFLT4._5.MainPanel.StartByTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This was when simconnect.dll was deleted

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se puede cargar el archivo o ensamblado 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ni una de sus dependencias. El sistema no puede encontrar el archivo especificado.
Nombre de archivo: 'LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect, Version=3.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
en AFLT4._5.Communications.OpenConnectionToSim()
en AFLT4._5.MainPanel.StartByTimer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If if I try to delete the simconnect.dll supplied with AFLT, and with AFLT open got this warning:

The action cant be completed because the file is open by AFLT.exe

Any clue?

PS. The simconnect.dll deleted is the one located in the root folder where AFLT is installed, not the one located in addons folder

Last edited:
Country
mexico
Sorry Don, my spanglish is awfull, hope the last post help you to understand what i mean, if not tell me and will try to be more clear

Country
mexico
As i said before, the problem begin when open AFLT and load an airport to work with, in that point got the error posted above

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
In the AFLT archive file you downloaded you will find a file named Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect.dll. Please copy it to your Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\AFLT for P3D and try again

Country
mexico
In the AFLT archive file you downloaded you will find a file named Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect.dll. Please copy it to your Documents\Prepar3d v4 Add-ons\AFLT for P3D and try again
Did it yesterday, with no luck

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The stuff you sent was not the Project Folder. The Project Folder is the sub-folder in AFLT\Projects applicable to your project.

The reference airport file was useable. I can load it with no difficulty.

While you have stated you are using the latest release, you've never mentioned the release number (in the title bar of the Main Panel.)

The error message you posted indicates AFLT was looking for "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll". But as I said earlier, AFLT does not call that dll. It only calls Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect.dll. The LM version is only called by "AFLT (SimObjects).exe" - which is only used to display AFLT Results in P3D. (I trust you are not attempting to execute that file.)

Please download and install AFLT Version 4.5.1.6, just released to fix an issue with PAPI's. Then, execute AFLT.exe.

Country
mexico
1.-I sent what i got under the AFLT\projects\mmep of the AFLT installation folder
3.-4.5.1.5
4.-Every time when open AFLT to work in a project, after loading the the airport got that error about the p3d simconnect dll, thats weird., so if the exe does not call the p3d dll, why got this error every time after loading an airport in AFLT?
5, No, only the AFLT.exe file in the installation folder
6.- will do

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
1.-I sent what i got under the AFLT\projects\mmep of the AFLT installation folder
Then you are doing something wrong or your installation is corrupt. That folder should contain a bunch of .xml files and a folder named "Lights" - not the files you sent

Every time when open AFLT to work in a project, after loading the the airport got that error about the p3d simconnect dll, thats weird., so if the exe does not call the p3d dll, why got this error every time after loading an airport in AFLT?
You should only have to load the airport once - when you create the project. Thereafter, so long as the file is left in the same place AFLT will find it automatically. As for why you are getting that error message, that's the issue we're trying to solve.

Country
mexico
Downloaded 4.5.1.6 got the same error as soon as an airport is loaded in AFLT.
With this new version this is what i have in the projects folder

Attachments

• Projects.zip
    39 KB · Views: 100
Country
mexico
You should only have to load the airport once - when you create the project. Thereafter, so long as the file is left in the same place AFLT will find it automatically.
No matter if is a new project, or a saved project every time AFLT show the airport layout, the error message pop up
That folder should contain a bunch of .xml files and a folder named "Lights" - not the files you sent
At least the lights folder is there, but only 2 xml and 1 ini files, please check the new files uploaded in my last post and tell me if is ok or not

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I cannot explain. AFLT.exe does not call "LockheedMartin.Prepar3D.SimConnect.dll". It only calls "Microsoft.FlightSimulator.Simconnect.dll", and does so immediately after loading the last-used project. Your airport loads fine for me and as I have already said, to my recollection no one has ever reported a similar error.

Something on your system is doing something strange. I have no way of know what that something might be.

What version of Windows are you using?

Country
mexico
Laptop: Windows 10 home single language 19043, updated to 21H1 spanish version

PC: Windows 10 home single language 21H1 english version

Both 64 bits

Last edited: