• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Some bugs

Hi, Arno. I find some bugs and I want to ask some question.
1. In Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Weapons\ go to any 5 first folders and drag sim.cfg to MCX. When "Show particle effects" not pressed, all ok. If pressed - MCX freezes.
2. Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16C\ drag aircraft.cfg to MCX and see not transparency canopy. In sim all Ok

f-16 bug.png

And question:
3. In options -> Texture Settings -> TextureSearchPatch It is possible to set relative paths to the program (e.g. [FSXPATH]) . Can this decision be applied to Prepafr3d v4?

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello Wonder,

Your #2 question,... since this is P3D v4.x, None of the texture attributes are visible through the MCX viewport... this applies to effects and particles as well, I believe. I'll let Arno answer 1 and 3 :).

Country
france
doesn't transparency has to do with PBR ? as the F16 is now in PBR mats and MCX preview doesn't support it yet ?!

As Red Cool said! Arno is most likely on a well deserved holiday and PBR materials are not yet supported.
As for your no.1 question, I do not have any freezing of MCX (see pic)
As for your no.3 question, you must have changed the options for the texture finder because otherwise it would not be a problem nor a question.

Attachments

• weapons particle effects.jpg
    weapons particle effects.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 158

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

1. In Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Weapons\ go to any 5 first folders and drag sim.cfg to MCX. When "Show particle effects" not pressed, all ok. If pressed - MCX freezes.

I can't reproduce that issue here, the models load just fine.

2. Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F-16C\ drag aircraft.cfg to MCX and see not transparency canopy. In sim all Ok

As mentioned by others, the MCX preview does not support PBR materials (yet), so models that use such materials can show such issues in the preview.

3. In options -> Texture Settings -> TextureSearchPatch It is possible to set relative paths to the program (e.g. [FSXPATH]) . Can this decision be applied to Prepafr3d v4?

That's a good point, no only FS2004PATH and FSXPATH are supported in there at the moment. I never added P3D in there as well. With all the different P3D versions that might also become messy. Maybe I should have just FSPATH and link it to the active FS version that is selected in the MCX.

Hi, Arno. Thanx for reply. I'll be waiting for you to implement support for PBR materials

Maybe I should have just FSPATH and link it to the active FS version that is selected in the MCX.
That would be a logical and elegant solution.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi, Arno. Thanx for reply. I'll be waiting for you to implement support for PBR materials

That might take quite some time, since this would be a big change in the preview. So it is not on the top of my todo list right now (lack of time for such a big thing).

That would be a logical and elegant solution.

I have added that to the todo list.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I have changed the way the texture searcher works now, it will be in the next development release.

Instead of [FSXPATH] and [FS2004PATH] there is now only the special text of [FSPATH]. This will be replaced with the path to the preferred FS version as set in the options. So that can be the path to P3D as well.