• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 unable compile project

Country
china
Hi everone, I want to know that why

I am sure the Split_Green_Red.mdl file exists. look to the picture.

thanks.
QQ截图20191003013845.jpg

QQ截图20191003013539.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
It would appear that the problem lies inside AFLT. But, in order to isolate it, I need your Library Folder and a copy of your airport's .bgl or .xml file so that I can attempt to duplicate the issue.

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
No need to send me your project file. I am able to duplicate the issue you reported.

I hope to have a fix available tomorrow.

Don

Country
china
No need to send me your project file. I am able to duplicate the issue you reported.

I hope to have a fix available tomorrow.

Don

pls help me to find error ,thanks a lot

Attachments

• ZBSX_ADEP4_5289.bgl
    65.6 KB · Views: 136

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
pls help me to find error ,

I have discovered corruption in the FSX-based models generated by AFLT. This is a recent problem so I've just got to check back through the changes I've made to find the culprit. I'll re-release ASAP.

Don

Country
china
I have discovered corruption in the FSX-based models generated by AFLT. This is a recent problem so I've just got to check back through the changes I've made to find the culprit. I'll re-release ASAP.

Don
ok, thanks

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have now discovered the cause of that corruption. I can't promise an update today, but I should be able to make a new release before the weekend.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
New Version 4.2.13 now available at http://stuff4fs.com. If you have left update discovery enabled (Options menu), the update can be automatically downloaded the next time you run AFLT.

Don

Country
china
New Version 4.2.13 now available at http://stuff4fs.com. If you have left update discovery enabled (Options menu), the update can be automatically downloaded the next time you run AFLT.

Don
WOW! Fantastic! I am sorry But new problems arise:

1. The taxiway and runway side lights will also be on during the day.
QQ图片20191004135004.png

2. The runway warning lights and SFL of the approaching lights will not turn on.
QQ截图20191004135600.jpg

QQ图片20191004135029.png

3. Where should I put the XML file?
QQ截图20191004135048.jpg

4. How to save and import project files?

Looking forward to hearing from you,thanks

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
No need to apologize. If it doesn't work, then it's my fault.

1. I also note your light halo is half buried. I'll need to look into this as well.

2. I need your project folder and original airport .bgl or .xml for this and the previous issue. The project folder is the AFLT\Projects sub-folder named ZBSJ_LT (or ZBSX_LT, I'm a bit confused in that regard.) The .bgl or .xml file I need is the one you initially submitted to AFLT for the project. (The .bgl you sent before appears to be a "stripped" file and hence, contains no stock lights.)

3. The .xml files are of no further use. All the required files have been put where they are needed.

4. As to "Save", that's the purpose of the AFLT\Projects folder. I'm not sure what you mean by "import" project files since AFLT creates everything from the initial .bgl or .xml based on your inputs to the various dialogs.

Country
china
No need to apologize. If it doesn't work, then it's my fault.

1. I also note your light halo is half buried. I'll need to look into this as well.

2. I need your project folder and original airport .bgl or .xml for this and the previous issue. The project folder is the AFLT\Projects sub-folder named ZBSJ_LT (or ZBSX_LT, I'm a bit confused in that regard.) The .bgl or .xml file I need is the one you initially submitted to AFLT for the project. (The .bgl you sent before appears to be a "stripped" file and hence, contains no stock lights.)

3. The .xml files are of no further use. All the required files have been put where they are needed.

4. As to "Save", that's the purpose of the AFLT\Projects folder. I'm not sure what you mean by "import" project files since AFLT creates everything from the initial .bgl or .xml based on your inputs to the various dialogs.

Excuse me, I don't know which file you need, so I packed all the files into the compressed package.

The import project I'm talking about is like ad4 for ADE, which can store all the information including location, various elements and so on.

About ZBSX/ZBSJ, ZBSJ is the ICAO code of airport in Hebei Province in China,named Shijiazhuang Zhengding Airport, because Stock exists, so it can only be changed to ZBSX when it is saved.
Besides, my English is not very good. If there is any incorrect expression, please forgive me.

vincent zhao.

Attachments

• scenery.rar
    298.6 KB · Views: 136

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Thanks. Vincent. In the folder in which you installed AFLT (i.e, "C:\Users\VincentZ\Desktop\APT_Bld\DownloadsAFLT4212") there is a folder named "Projects". This is where all your project data is saved - in a sub-folder named "ZBSJ_LT". That sub-folder is the one I refer to as "your Project Folder".

But, don't bother sending it to me yet. I was exploring the issue while waiting for your reply and I have discovered that in the fix I released yesterday, I missed at least one occurrence of the problem you initially reported yesterday. That omission is almost certainly responsible for your current difficulty. I need a while to re-investigate and ensure I fully correct the issue this time.. Please be patient a little while longer.

Incidentally, there's no need to apologize for your English. It is very good - and much better than my Mandarin (for which I have no excuse since I spent about 6 months in Chine some time ago.)

Don

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted Version 4.2.14 to http://stuff4fs.com. I believe I have now found all the instances of the previous error. At least, all lighting modes now work on my system. Please give it a try.

What I have been unable to test is the taxiway lights remaining on during daytime. That's because there are no stock taxiway lights in the .bgl airport file you sent. However, I have confirmed that taxiway lights at other airports do not remain on during daytime. If this is still a problem for you, I will need your Project Folder.

Don

Country
china
I have just posted Version 4.2.14 to http://stuff4fs.com. I believe I have now found all the instances of the previous error. At least, all lighting modes now work on my system. Please give it a try.

What I have been unable to test is the taxiway lights remaining on during daytime. That's because there are no stock taxiway lights in the .bgl airport file you sent. However, I have confirmed that taxiway lights at other airports do not remain on during daytime. If this is still a problem for you, I will need your Project Folder.

Don
There's an application that starts with the start of the P3D called AFLT Simobject. As in the picture, its default state is connected, which causes the taxiway side lights and runway side lights to turn on during the day, but if you choose disconnect these lights will go off, either during the day or at night.

Vincenr zhao.

day with connected
day with conn.jpg

day with disconnect
day with disc.jpg

night with connected
night with conn.png

night with disconnect
night with disc.jpg

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
AFLT Simobject is AFLT's Simconnect application to control the Simconnect-based lights. In the disconnect state all AFLT lights are off. As noted in the user manual, user control is not normally required. It's normal state is "on". It's only use is to turn all lights off for test purposes.

I am unable to duplicate your "lights on during the daytime" situation. The only reason I can think of to bring about that situation is if you have pilot-controlled lighting enabled and whatever trigger-event you have selected is active.

I need your Project Folder to diagnose this.

Don

Country
china
AFLT Simobject is AFLT's Simconnect application to control the Simconnect-based lights. In the disconnect state all AFLT lights are off. As noted in the user manual, user control is not normally required. It's normal state is "on". It's only use is to turn all lights off for test purposes.

I am unable to duplicate your "lights on during the daytime" situation. The only reason I can think of to bring about that situation is if you have pilot-controlled lighting enabled and whatever trigger-event you have selected is active.

I need your Project Folder to diagnose this.

Don
Hey, Don, I'm sure I didn't choose PCL. I'm sending you the project folder now. Please help me to see what problems exist.

Thank you!

Vincent zhao.

Attachments

• ZBSJ_LT4.rar
    113.7 KB · Views: 128

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'm sure I didn't choose PCL.
No, you didn't.

But, I'm confused. There aren't any lights specified for any taxiway in the .bgl file you sent. But, clearly there are taxiway edge lights in your screenshots. And also, the file AFLT_ZBSJ_LT4_Bases_X.xml in your project folder specifies taxiway edge lights. Where did they come from? They are not in the stock data. As well, the approach lights for runway 33 in the .bgl are Calvert2, yet in your screenshot above it appears to be an ALSF configuration. Something is missing! Is the ZBSJ_ADEP4_5289.bgl you sent me the file you "told" AFLT to use?

Unless you can explain the above, first of all please delete your ZBSX project. Don't use AFLT's Delete project function. Go into your AFLT\Projects folder and delete the folder named ZBSJ_LT4 and any other folders named ZBSJ_LT... . The suffix 4 suggests you have more than one such folder which may be the cause of your current difficulty. Also, please delete the folder Documents\P3D v4 Addons\AFLT for P3D. (if you have other airport lighting using AFLT, first make a copy of that folder which you can restore later. ) That way, we can be certain everything is gone. Then create a new project and compile it. If things don't look as they should, please send me:
  • the new Project Folder,
  • the airport .bgl you entered for the project,
  • the .ad4 file you used to build that .bgl file, and
  • the folder Documents\P3D v4 Addons\AFLT for P3D
Also, if you have modified the airport lighting in any way with AFLT, be sure to Save the Placement Data before compiling so that I can sees what was actually submitted to the compiler.

Don

Country
china
No, you didn't.

But, I'm confused. There aren't any lights specified for any taxiway in the .bgl file you sent. But, clearly there are taxiway edge lights in your screenshots. And also, the file AFLT_ZBSJ_LT4_Bases_X.xml in your project folder specifies taxiway edge lights. Where did they come from? They are not in the stock data. As well, the approach lights for runway 33 in the .bgl are Calvert2, yet in your screenshot above it appears to be an ALSF configuration. Something is missing! Is the ZBSJ_ADEP4_5289.bgl you sent me the file you "told" AFLT to use?

Unless you can explain the above, first of all please delete your ZBSX project. Don't use AFLT's Delete project function. Go into your AFLT\Projects folder and delete the folder named ZBSJ_LT4 and any other folders named ZBSJ_LT... . The suffix 4 suggests you have more than one such folder which may be the cause of your current difficulty. Also, please delete the folder Documents\P3D v4 Addons\AFLT for P3D. (if you have other airport lighting using AFLT, first make a copy of that folder which you can restore later. ) That way, we can be certain everything is gone. Then create a new project and compile it. If things don't look as they should, please send me:
  • the new Project Folder,
  • the airport .bgl you entered for the project,
  • the .ad4 file you used to build that .bgl file, and
  • the folder Documents\P3D v4 Addons\AFLT for P3D
Also, if you have modified the airport lighting in any way with AFLT, be sure to Save the Placement Data before compiling so that I can sees what was actually submitted to the compiler.

Don
hi,Don ,
As you said, I deleted all the content about AFLT Projects folder and delete the folder named ZBSJ_LT4, rebuilt a project, and then I sent these packages to my friends to help test the results. Then the problem arises:
Friends of the airport, runway side lights and runway approach lights and runway warning lights are not on, taxiway side lights will have a weak light, almost can not see its existence, please see the picture.
If you need any documents, I will send them to you in package.
In fact, if I chose AFLT (SIMOBJECT) disconnect, I would also show it, so I am very confused.

Vincent zhao.
QQ图片20191008224911.png
QQ图片20191008224929.jpg
QQ图片20191008225014.jpg
QQ图片20191008225022.jpg

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
It appears you are not displaying any effects at all, only the illuminated models?

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Vincent, these and some of the previous screenshots suggest Simconnect is not activating the files in DocumentPrepar3d v4 addons\AFLT for P3D or that those files are missing. Simconnect IS running the AFLT application because you see the "on/off" dialog. In P3D, the lights are controlled from that folder. That's why I asked you to delete that folder as well so that it could be regenerated. You didn't mention whether ore not you deleted it as well?

and then I sent these packages to my friends
Did you include AFLT for P3D in the packages you sent to your friends? That folder is essential for P3Dv4..

I still don't understand how Calvert2 approach lights became ALSF. Did you make that change in AFLT but not save it? There's nothing wrong with doing so but it would help to know.

I've done about as much as I can with screenshots. To help you further, I need the files I requested above.

Don,