• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Parllax mapping. 3ds Max

Country
ukraine
Curious if anybody has succeded in creating a parallax window in MFS using 3ds and is willing to share how that can be done. I had a look at the example window that comes with SDK samples, but can't manage to make my own.

Country
russia
Can you link me to these samples? I will try to help you. Because I did not find ones. I found only DA62 and Test Aircraft, both of them without parallax windows obviously.

Country
ukraine
Can you link me to these samples? I will try to help you. Because I did not find ones. I found only DA62 and Test Aircraft, both of them without parallax windows obviously.
Navigate to your SDK folder and then open sample materials, there in resources you’ll have a 3ds max scene with all materials.

Country
russia
Ok, I understood how the material work.(Plus now I finally understand how to make a PortHoles, YAY! Personal success )

Material have 2 sets of textures and need to have 2 sets of uvw coordinates. First uvw channel is for the window itself, the second one - for "interior".

Now I need to know what you have done to try to say what's wrong.

Last edited:
Country
ukraine
Ok, I understood how the material work.(Plus i finally understand how to make a PortHoles, YAY! Personal success )

Material have 2 sets of textures and need to have 2 sets of uvw coordinates. First uvw channel is for the window itself, the second one - for "ïnterior".

Now I need to know what you have done to try to say what's wrong.
Many thanks, I’m quite sure I don’t have the second UV channel, but I don’t even know how to create it

Country
russia
Many thanks, I’m quite sure I don’t have the second UV channel, but I don’t even know how to create it
In the UVW unwrap modifier, there is a drop-down list named Channel
2020-09-10.jpg

Country
ukraine
Does anybody know how to use "offset Time" for ParallaxWindows? In 3ds max you can find it here
1604753472468.png

Country
australia
Does anybody know how to use "offset Time" for ParallaxWindows? In 3ds max you can find it here
View attachment 64929
I'm a little lost on this as well, I think the brighter textures emit more light during the light and the emissive color tab determines the light color.

But then I look at their model "Al Hamra Tower" and it has different color lights, and i'm having trouble getting the Parallax windows fit so perfectly on complex models like they have on that model.

I'd say i've figured out 50% of this whole Parallax Window stuff, the documentation is just so sparse.

Country
us-nevada
View attachment 64929
For anyone that comes across this when searching for an answer in the future, its related to the offset for when the emis texture will appear at night rather than all at once when the day/night cycle rolls over. The opacity % is related to that time offset in some number of units.

Country
ukraine