• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ADE Won't Recognize P3D. Stuck On "Choose FS Version"

Country
unitedstates
Hi everyone,

I am having an issue where when I try to start up ADE, it doesn't recognize that I have P3D v5 installed.
Error.PNG

And I can't locate all of the file systems in the startup wizard or open stock airports:
Error2.PNG

I did look at other forum posts on this, but I couldn't find a solution that worked for me. One thing to note is that I installed P3D by downloading and installing the individual components. I have activated it and it seems to be running as usual. I had everything working before I re-installed my computer (and yes, I got the reactivation sorted out with P3D), but now this is what I am facing.

Would really appreciate some assistance on this. Thanks! :)

You appear to be trying to find the scenery.cfg folder within ADE in that screenshot (I was nearly fooled by your placing your tools folder within a folder called MSFS!). The scenery.cfg file for P3Dv5 is within C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5.

ADE finds versions of sim to support via the registry. If you have not installed any version using the installer then there will most likely be no trace in the registry, ADE cannot find it so it does not do the setup. If you have no versions of the sim installed by the registry then you will see the. You als need to make sure that any SDK you need is also installed.

There is a 'nuclear' option for this problem in the the main settings file. This is called global.ini and is in the ADE main folder. Make a copy of this then open the one in ADE. It has contents like this

[TARGET]
Version=FSX
ShowAll=True
[UPDATER]
LastDateChecked=2152
Counter=2147
UseReminder=True
Frequency=10

The Entry you need to add is ShowAll=True in the [TARGET] section. Save it. ADE will now offer you all the versions of sim it can support and you can pick the one you want. You will still need to complete the properties in the new user wizard to get things to work.

Okay, making significant progress. Thanks for your help.
I edited the global.ini as you instructed, and was able to select P3D v4 (even though I'm using v5, it's the closest version it offered).

Now, ADE can find stock airports, but I get this error when trying to open one up:
Capture.PNG

Thanks a bunch, by the way. We're making progress.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    25.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
You need ADE 1.79 to work with P3Dv5 LM added some new elements in v5. We had to update ADE to the latest to include these elements
You should also always ensure the SDK you are using with ADE matches the version of the sim you are working with

Back