• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Exclude Default Simobjects (Wind Turbine)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
For my current Dortmund Project, I'm in the process of getting my wind turbines into the MSFS. The wind turbines are already working very well and they are dynamic! The corresponding templates from the SDK were used for this purpose (Simobjects.xml). That means, they react to the wind strength and the wind direction, as you can see here in the video:

There is only one problem. The default wind turbines are Simobjects, i.e. not conventional scenery objects or buildings that can be excluded with rectangles or polygons. And the red warning light for the default wind turbines remains visible.

How do you exclude the default wind turbines in the MFS?

Can you not exclude simobjects with an exclusion rectangle? Normally these don't actually exclude until you've rebuilt your project.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I understand! You mean the wind turbines are not suppressed in the Scenery Editor. But only when I load the newly created package normally. Thanks, I'll try that :)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Can you not exclude simobjects with an exclusion rectangle? Normally these don't actually exclude until you've rebuilt your project.
That didn't work. Neither by rectangle nor by rectangle exclusion nor by polygon. In doing so, I first created an exclude in the Scenery Editor, then created a new package in the Inspector with Build Package. Then terminate MSFS, copy the package to the community folder and then restart MSFS. But the default wind turbines remain visible. Unfortunately, the Simobjects in MSFS cannot be excluded.

Maybe someone has another idea?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I've tried everything. From rectangles, exclusions rectangles and polygons. But it doesn't help, the default wind turbines (Simobjects) cannot be excluded.
Does anyone have any advice?

HolgerSandmann

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Hi Christian,

have you tried just using the "excludeSimObjects" tag in an exclusion rectangle? According to others, some types of objects don't get removed by using the default "excludeAllObjects" checkbox, rather only by using their specific tag.

It's possible though that wind turbines can't be excluded at this time. Asobo have already acknowledged that for some other types, like the floating light orbs and the generic powerline towers.

Cheers, Holger

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi Holger,

Thanks for pointing out that you can also exclude Simobjects individually, I had overlooked. But it didn't work. I did this according to standard procedures: loaded the project into the Scenery Editor, then drew the exclusion rectangle and set the appropriate options. Then the project is recreated in the Inspector with Build Package. Quit the Sim, the package is copied to the community folder and the Sim is restarted. The default wind turbines are visible. That's just for the sake of completeness.

Then we just have to live with it at the moment, that's not a problem either :)

Country
poland
Hi Christian,

I guess you haven't found a workaround for this one meanwhile?
Just started working on the new project and stumbled over this issue.

With the default wind turbines poking out of the terrain like sore thumbs where they shouldn't be (even near the airport), I'll have to cancel this project. So frustrating...

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello Sascha.

Since I could not exclude the wind turbines at the time, I did not pursue the topic any further. I had developed my own wind turbines and these got the same SIM-Name as the MSFS default wind turbines. In the result, all default wind turbines were then replaced by mine - worldwide. But whether this can be applied in this way is questionable. At the moment I am busy with an airport and will not be able to make any further attempts to exclude the wind turbines :)

Country
poland
Since I could not exclude the wind turbines at the time, I did not pursue the topic any further. I had developed my own wind turbines and these got the same SIM-Name as the MSFS default wind turbines. In the result, all default wind turbines were then replaced by mine - worldwide. But whether this can be applied in this way is questionable. At the moment I am busy with an airport and will not be able to make any further attempts to exclude the wind turbines :)

Hmm... how about an intermediary "solution" where those will be overwritten worldwide with an empty object? In this case this approach wouldn't render your own scenery incompatible with other sceneries. It just "kills" the wind turbines worldwide and each scenery can still place its own models. Of course a move that needs to be well communicated with the add-on scenery release.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Of course a move that needs to be well communicated with the add-on scenery release.
That's what I thought too, that has to be communicated properly. Intervention in the display of a SimObject with global effects is critical. I know, however, that the developers of the MFS are interested in this and read along well and I am sure that there will soon be a remedy on this point, which you could see very well with the Asobo airport lights. Until a solution for the exclusive wind turbines is found, one can try to implement it as described. I think that's a good idea with an "Empty" SimObject :)

Country
poland
I know, however, that the developers of the MFS are interested in this and read along well and I am sure that there will soon be a remedy on this point, which you could see very well with the Asobo airport lights.

That would be very welcome indeed! It's certainly in no one's interest to make global changes if they can be avoided.

Country
israel
Sorry to wake up some old post but..
Same issue in my scenery LLBG but Suddenly they appeared without an invitation I did tried everything from SDK nothing helps! so if someone find I'll be very happy
Thanks
David

Attachments

• exclude issue.jpg
    exclude issue.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 107
Country
unitedkingdom
That's weird. I don't see any lights at all at Ben Gurion.

Do you have some sort of airport light or enhancement mod that maybe includes LLBG that you didn't notice?

Country
israel
That's weird. I don't see any lights at all at Ben Gurion.

Do you have some sort of airport light or enhancement mod that maybe includes LLBG?
The scenery is WIP so as you can see there are four extensions. the extension to the left is the new one well As far as I can remember four years ago. no default light polls only my models the yellow rectangle is an "excludeallobject" but they are still there
in the red circle you can see a mix of the default and my model in the green only my model. light are from the Asobo plugin
David

Attachments

• exclude issue2.jpg
    exclude issue2.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 104
Country
israel
Problem Solved!
I fined what is the cause it just an addon for light "z-andres3d-airports-lights" by removing all content from Community folder before Update SU6 and then the name "z-andres3d-airports-lights" was the main suspect
David