• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX GE View: Google Earth viewer for FSX thru P3D v3

Country
germany
Since some days now I enjoy GE-View - its really amazing - but I'd like to run it on a remote PC via my network.

Any way to make earthproxy.exe to connect?
I tried it with FSUIPC-Wide w/o success.

Best Regards
JJ

Country
thailand
Since some days now I enjoy GE-View - its really amazing - but I'd like to run it on a remote PC via my network.
Any way to make earthproxy.exe to connect?
I tried it with FSUIPC-Wide w/o success.
JJ,

Use of a remote pc is not possible using EarthProxy v.1.0 because the server hostname is hardcoded to "localhost:54321", or whatever port number you put in. "Localhost" is the name for the current machine.

However, when EarthProxy v.2.0 is released (will be very soon but we have been preoccupied with other pressing issues), the user can enter the other machine's ip address (default will still be localhost) which will allow you to run EarthProxy / Google Earth on one machine and Flight Sim on another as long as both are connected to the same network.

Bob

Country
spain
JJ,

Use of a remote pc is not possible using EarthProxy v.1.0 because the server hostname is hardcoded to "localhost:54321", or whatever port number you put in. "Localhost" is the name for the current machine.

However, when EarthProxy v.2.0 is released (will be very soon but we have been preoccupied with other pressing issues), the user can enter the other machine's ip address (default will still be localhost) which will allow you to run EarthProxy / Google Earth on one machine and Flight Sim on another as long as both are connected to the same network.

Bob

Country
spain
Hi Bob. I´m new here. Pleasure meeting all of you. I would appreciate if you could tell me where can I download HttpX v2.0 and EarthProxy v1.0? I´d like to try it in my Sim. Thanks!

Country
thailand
Hi Bob. I´m new here. Pleasure meeting all of you. I would appreciate if you could tell me where can I download HttpX v2.0 and EarthProxy v1.0? I´d like to try it in my Sim. Thanks!
Httpx v.2.0 isn't released ... yet ... but, the original HttpX v.1.0 and EarthProxy v.1.0 can be found here.

Bob

Country
pakistan
Hi, Bob and every one, I have switched to the Httpx v 2. And after some failures I managed to synchronize the Google earth view with FSX. The last job I did was to add the GE VIEW folder to the panel of Bell Jet ranger and the "compound rotation" file in that folder. I also edited the panel.cfg of the said aircraft with:

[Window15]
position=0
size_mm=110,90
visible=1
window_size_ratio=1.00
gauge00=GE VIEW!Compound_Rotation, 0, 0, 110, 90

I renamed Window15 to Window06.
Now the problem is that the view automatically switches to rear and front constantly. What is wrong?

Country
pakistan
I have installed P3d v3 it doesn't go beyond the given splash screen. And there is no activity after this.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    521.8 KB · Views: 405
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    521.8 KB · Views: 556
Country
ca-newbrunswick
Hope this where this post belongs

Ref GE VIEW 2

All appears to be installed correctly, however, when I select "Load KML File" GOogle Earth starts and what appears to be a kml file loads in google earth. The kml then has a small red or orange ball on it. Google earth does not fly to my fsx position.

GE VIEW Gauge is installed in my aircraft and the gauge is working.

I have tried everything that I can think of and don't know what to try next...help, please

Country
thailand
I see that you clearly indicate GE VIEW 2 and mention the GE VIEW gauge installed in your a/c, but you posted this question in an older GE VIEW thread, not the latest thread. So, I guess it's worth double-checking that you have the latest version of GE View, which can be downloaded only from this, newer, FSDeveloper posting. When you execute EarthProxy.exe, it should open a dialog box that shows "v1.2" below the Open KML File button.

Then, take a look through the error responses in that thread, as well as the troubleshooting advice found in the documentation. Make sure the Fly-To speed is 4.5. When you first ran FlightSim after installation of the HttpX.dll module, did FlightSim ask permission to run it?

After that, I suggest we take the troubleshooting discussion offline, using a Conversation in FSDeveloper instead of the general Gauges forum dialog.

Good luck.

Bob

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
Hi, Bob and every one, I have switched to the Httpx v 2. And after some failures I managed to synchronize the Google earth view with FSX. The last job I did was to add the GE VIEW folder to the panel of Bell Jet ranger and the "compound rotation" file in that folder. I also edited the panel.cfg of the said aircraft with:

[Window15]
position=0
size_mm=110,90
visible=1
window_size_ratio=1.00
gauge00=GE VIEW!Compound_Rotation, 0, 0, 110, 90

I renamed Window15 to Window06.
Now the problem is that the view automatically switches to rear and front constantly. What is wrong?

Your reply
That sounds like a mechanical issue with your joystick. Bob

I have the same type of problem, I am using GE VIEW 2, tried another controller, same problem, view automatically switches to rear and front constantly.

Robert John

Country
thailand
Not sure of the issue unless I could duplicate it. Lemme think about it more ...

Country
germany
it is possible to do inflight in fsx ? meaning install 3d google earth area on fsx and fly with any aircraft?

Country
thailand
it is possible to do inflight in fsx ? meaning install 3d google earth area on fsx and fly with any aircraft?
Yes. Go to this link to download files and follow instructions in HttpX Installation and License.pdf.

Your sim is FSX, therefore, use the HttpX.dll file and do not use HttpX64.dll (which is to be used in P3D v.4 only).

Country
italy
No it's not possible to install GE scenery in FSX, it would be awesome but you need to stick with GE window to the side of FSX.