• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Hello all.

So i wanted to do the same with my parasols (thanks for the idea!). But im running into a problem, not sure if i do something wrong or whats the problem could be.

The first question would be, is the only way to get my node name/id via modelconverterX? Sorry, im new to all this. If yes, im running into the next problem. ModelconverterX doesnt seem to be able to import my model. I get the message that "Expected at least one object with no parent" if i try to import my Blender file.

I did some research before posting and came up with this here, where there is some chat about it wouldnt work with Blender 2.9?

I also found one post here in the forum but it wasnt answered after the person with issue posted his Blender file. Then i came across another post, where someone couldnt import his PBR textured model into MCX. Mine is PBR-textured as well but shouldnt i be able to simply delete the textures and then import again? Remember, i only need that node-ID (seemingly).

Would be great if someone can give me a clue here.
Hi!
Is it your own model that you have in blender format? If yes you actually don't need modelconverterX for it.

The "node" is just your name of the item in blender:

1618382478271.png

Between 10:00 and 18:00 onyl the "Cone" will be shown the "Cube" will be shown all time.

XML:
XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<ModelInfo guid="{7e9e40d8-e29e-434d-2cbe-374b55a9c0a1}" version="1.1">

<LODS>
<LOD MinSize="0" ModelFile="edsp-test-visibility.gltf"/>
</LODS>

</ModelInfo>

<ModelBehaviors>
<Include Path="Asobo\Misc\SimObjects.xml"/>
<Component ID="Cone" Node="Cone">
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 36000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 64800 &lt;= and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</Component>

</ModelBehaviors>

Thanks. Some posts here confused me it seems (what isn't the posters fault but my lack of understanding what was said, i guess).

Edit: Nvm....

This is it

(E:LOCAL MONTH OF YEAR, number) 3 &gt;= (E:LOCAL MONTH OF YEAR, number) 10 &lt;= and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }

Hello again.

So, im playing around with this visibility but somehow im running into some weird behavior.

What is the error in my thinking here?

Code:
(E:ZULU MONTH OF YEAR, number) 3 &gt;= and (E:ZULU MONTH OF YEAR, number) 10 &lt;= if{ 1 } els{ 0 }

I want to have something shown from March to October but its visible already from January. Its getting hidden in November but reappears in January.

I dont know, this syntax is most confusing for me and i went through a few things already. I mean, if i read i think its somewhat easy to understand but the outcome makes no sense...

That code above tells me, as far i understand it,

Everything above or same (>=) March (3) and everything below or same (<=) October (10) gets a vis 1 (shown), else vis 0 (hidden). How can be January the outcome?

Last edited:
Im afraid this brings me to a nerve collaps one day ^^

Can anyone pls help me why my second model doesnt take the visibility code? I made the parasol thing and got it to show from March to October, the rest of year not.

Then the next thing i wanted was to have a closed parasol shown in the rest of the months. I also tried the way that the second, closed parasol gets only shown in evening/nighttime but seemingly none of the code work on this object. Im searching for hours now for the problem. Not sure what i missed but it simply doesnt budge.

Would be great if someone could take a look. Btw, im aware that it shows the closed screen on daytime with that code (or better said it should...), its just a copy paste from the open parasol, where it works without problem.

This is the part in the gltf that points to the node. Its a blender export and the name of the object and node is exactly this.

1619413772988.png

This is the xml

1619413863614.png

model.cfg

1619413900943.png

Sim.cfg

1619413946100.png

The model appears in the sim correctly when i place it via simobjects dropdown. But it simply wont budge and doesnt follow any visibility code. The open parasol works without a problem. I renamed the nodes, the gltf and the guid, nothing changes it, no kind of code is executed. No idea anymore what is wrong with it. This model seems cursed or im not seeing the forest because too many trees...

What if tried so far

Making it appear only in 1 certain month
Making it appear in certain times
Making it appear in certain months

All with code shown here and works with the open parasol.

What can the problem be? The simobject is added to the project and can be found obviously. No compilation errors.

Last edited:
I am trying to learn animation with XML.

I made a square rotating in the blender and created a simobject. So far so good, but I can't seem to make it go away for part of the day.

<ModelInfo guid="{a1f3185b-56e7-4005-0497-a10fd06b3a93}" version="1.1">
<Animation name="CubeAction" guid="9e3ea130-f024-44f3-951a-3f8f554ebdd1" type="Standard" typeParam="AutoPlay"/>
<LODS>
<LOD MinSize="0" ModelFile="animacao.gltf"/>
</LODS>
</ModelInfo>
<ModelBehaviors>
<Component ID="CubeAction" Node="CubeAction">
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 36000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 64800 &lt;= and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</Component>
</ModelBehaviors>

1621354722977.png

1621354740642.png

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Hi.

Try a different name for Component ID. As far as I know, the names for Component ID and Node must not be identical!

Maybe this code will help:

<Component ID="CubeAction_Test" Node="CubeAction">

Dont Working

<ModelInfo guid="{a1f3185b-56e7-4005-0497-a10fd06b3a93}" version="1.1">
<Animation name="CubeAction" guid="9e3ea130-f024-44f3-951a-3f8f554ebdd1" type="Standard" typeParam="AutoPlay"/>
<LODS>
<LOD MinSize="0" ModelFile="animacao.gltf"/>
</LODS>
</ModelInfo>
<ModelBehaviors>
<Component ID="animacao" Node="CubeAction_2">
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 29000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 70000 &lt;= and (A:AMBIENT PRECIP STATE, mask) 3.0 &lt; and (E:Time of Day, enum) 2 &lt; and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</Component>
</ModelBehaviors>

[VERSION]
Major=1
Minor=0
[fltsim.0]
title=animacao
model=
texture=
[General]
category=StaticObject

<AssetGroup Name="animacao">
<Type>SimObject</Type>
<Flags>
<FSXCompatibility>false</FSXCompatibility>
</Flags>
<AssetDir>PackageSources\SimObjects\Misc\ssdktesteanim\</AssetDir>
<OutputDir>SimObjects\misc\ssdktesteanim\</OutputDir>
</AssetGroup>

They can be the same. I have it like that too.

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

<ModelInfo guid="{d9091148-064b-4517-175c-560f4a1ca4af}" version="1.1">
<LODS>
<LOD ModelFile="EDMI-Parasol.gltf" minSize="0">
</LOD>
</LODS>
</ModelInfo>

<ModelBehaviors>
<Include Path="Asobo\Misc\SimObjects.xml"/>

<Component ID="Parasol" Node="Parasol">
<Visibility>
<Parameter>
<Code>(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 36000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 68400 &lt;= and (A:AMBIENT PRECIP STATE, mask) 4 &lt; and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>
</Parameter>
</Visibility>
</Component>
</ModelBehaviors>

This is working perfect.

Ist that double? Im not the pro here for sure but why do you place 2 time conditions in it?

<Code>(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 29000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 70000 &lt;= and (A:AMBIENT PRECIP STATE, mask) 3.0 &lt; and (E:Time of Day, enum) 2 &lt; and if{ 1 } els{ 0 }</Code>

First you tell it to be there with

(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 29000 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 70000 &lt;=

That says it gets visibility = 1 in those times. So you say it should be visible between ~ 10 oclock am to evening 7 pm. Is that what you want?

To make something not appear on daytime you have to do it like this (notice the OR in this case, not AND)

(E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 68401 &gt;= (E:LOCAL TIME, Seconds) 35999 &lt;= or (A:AMBIENT PRECIP STATE, mask) 2 &gt; or if{ 1 } els{ 0 }

I want it to be visible during the day and if possible also only in good weather. this code I got from the forum of a person who said it works.

ah ok, sorry. I thought it should be there only in night.

Yes thats ok then :) But im not sure what is the last part with the enum thing. Maybe try it just with 1 time condition?

And are you sure your blender node is really called like that? Sorry if i missed that, i looked but didnt find infor about it.

in blender the animation is called CubeAction, it's just a simple animation of a box running, to learn how to animate.