• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

my DC-8 Project

Would you like me too...


  • Total voters
    21
Hi guys, I had been busy with a lot of work, not on projects but at my job working long hours and finally I have some free time.

So, the moment everyone has been waiting for, I am happy to announce that VC development is under way, so the next update you'll get is the start of what should make this project worth the wait.

Thanks to everyone for staying in touch!
 
Awesome news Rafael! I will go to the airport this weekend and try to get in the DC8 again. I think we need alot more cockpit pics...

I'm also progressing in programming pretty good. You will see results after new years :)

Glad to be of help Michael :) Is your plane FSX or FS9?
 
It's for FSX only.

If you are able to take cockpit pictures I am presently working on the windows and and top of the glare shield for the VC. I need to see what the window framing looks like as you peer into it through the glass at the top bottom and sides, mainly for the front three windows and eyebrow windows -- I have pretty good photos of the clear view and rear windows. I would also like to see the ends of the top of the glare shield.

From what I can tell, the window construction differs between variants, so maybe it won't be exactly correct, but at least would help me make the model look plausible.
 
Going to the airport tomorrow but it's a Sunday. Not sure anyone will be there. I'll read your post a few more times to try and understand :D but if I get a chance I'll just take shots of everything haha ;)
 
Not sure if you'll see this before tomorrow, but I'm what I'm getting at is how framing of the front cockpit windows look. The glass is about an inch and a half thick and so you can see the interior of the framing around the glass, but it's hard to see in most photos as they are typically taken looking straight ahead.
 
Ok. Well as expected there wasn't anyone present on Sunday. Next weekend I'm of to Kenya and Tanzania for a social visit, but the week after that I'm at home and will try again.
 
Amazing project Rafael, been following this the entire time.But one question, with your dc-8 will you need to use the proper panel, or can you use a 3rd party panel and still see the animations like flaps, gears, thrust reversers etc?
 
Amazing project Rafael, been following this the entire time.But one question, with your dc-8 will you need to use the proper panel, or can you use a 3rd party panel and still see the animations like flaps, gears, thrust reverser etc?

Sorry that I did not see your reply until now! I've been busy enjoying the holidays with family. Right now, I can't answer that question, I do have someone working on a completely new panel for it but will be connected to flaps, gears, etc or if you can use it with a third party. At this time, I do not know for sure, we will hopefully find out when development picks up again, as I started work on the VC [not much].

I like to keep things simple so if it doesn't work out in the end, I always like to have options available for other people who don't want to use 'designated' panels specifically designed for the 3d model.
 
Dont be sorry mate. And yeah that's fine. Just wanted to know and ask cause I'm not a "pre-flight checks" sorta simmer, I kinda just like to set the a/p, go and enjoy the visuals and sounds. :)
 
I can take a couple but NOT of any work that has been done to it recently...is there any type of scenario you prefer?
 
I was just curious as to how far the texturing has made progress. Are the engines the only things painted so far?
 
I was just curious as to how far the texturing has made progress. Are the engines the only things painted so far?

The engines were the only things painted during that time but some folks pointed out that the nacelles needed a bit more polys and they were right, so they will be redone and re-textured when we get around to that. :3
 
The engines were the only things painted during that time but some folks pointed out that the nacelles needed a bit more polys and they were right, so they will be redone and re-textured when we get around to that. :3

:wave: and were these pictures from fs 9? because somehow the texures of the engines looked so, without bumps and specs as they are in fs 9. by the way, the model still makes me happy. really accurate. when nothing goes wrong with the vc cockpit it will be definitive the best dc-8 out there, greetz.
 
This is a longgg thread, so you might have missed this is for FS9. Welcome to the forum! :)
 
Back
Top