• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Self-defined code for doors, bonnet and tailgate

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello!

This is my first "serious" :p attempt to build a car:

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_1.jpg

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_2.jpg

Chevrolet Suburban 2015er

Everything works so far good. The doors can be opened via clickspots (mouse rectangle), the lights can be operated using the standard keyboard layout and the car is now stable. Before that, he tipped over when braking at moderate speed in the corner. Well, that has been a lot of fun and the instructions here in the FSDeveloper Forum are very first class. The very best thanks for all the dedicated developers!

So far so good ...

But now I can not continue at one point. As the title of the post suggests, it is about self-defined code to tag the 4 doors, bonnet and tailgate. Clickspots on the doors, bonnet and tailgate were attached:

The clickspots of the doors work perfectly, the exporter does not report any errors ...

chevy_suburban_exporter..jpg

chevy_suburban_doors_clickspots_2..jpg

chevy_suburban_doors_clickspots_1.jpg

Each door has 2 clickspots, they work on the exterior and interior model.

Unfortunately, I only get the 4 doors tagged and animated, but not the bonnet and the tailgate. The settings in the aircrafts.cfg look like this:

[exits]
number_of_exits = 6
exit_rate.0 = 1
exit_rate.1 = 1
exit_rate.2 = 1
exit_rate.3 = 1
exit_rate.4 = 1
exit_rate.5 = 1

The slightly modified original code of ModelDef.xml looks like this:

Code:
<!-- Chevrolet Suburban -->

<Animation name="chevrolet_door_0" guid="FF5ED86C-B114-4924-B5C9-163A99042F12" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_0" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_door_1" guid="AA57E6F3-93D9-470e-A7DA-5878A033D923" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_1" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_door_2" guid="BB2A41F8-EA1E-4b17-B987-84A45A75B834" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_2" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_door_3" guid="EE79AF88-3ADF-475a-BB65-19A61B262645" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_3" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_door_4" guid="652A4188-EADE-4b19-B987-84A95A75B834" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_4" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_door_5" guid="2179AF55-3AED-4759-BB65-19A619262645" typeparam2="chevrolet_door_5" typeparam="AutoPlay" length="100" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open1" guid="13C22F8B-F3D0-4912-7766-5F349266AC71" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open1" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open2" guid="13C22F8C-F3D0-4912-6677-5F349266AC72" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open2" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open3" guid="23C22F8B-F3D0-4912-4455-5F349266AC73" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open3" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open4" guid="33C22F8C-F3D0-4912-5544-5F349266AC74" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open4" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open5" guid="73C22F8B-F3D0-1212-2222-5F349266BABA" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open5" />
<Animation name="chevrolet_lever_exit_open6" guid="83C22F8C-F3D0-4112-1111-5F349266ABAB" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="50" typeParam2="chevrolet_lever_exit_open6" />

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_0</Name>
    <AnimLength>100</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:0</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_1</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:1</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_2</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:2</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_3</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:3</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_4</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:4</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_door_5</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Sim>
          <Variable>EXIT OPEN:5</Variable>
          <Units>percent</Units>
        </Sim>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open1</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>1 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_1</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open2</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>2 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_2</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open3</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>3 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_3</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open4</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>4 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_4</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open5</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>5 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_5</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>chevrolet_lever_exit_open6</Name>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>6 (&gt;K:TOGGLE_AIRCRAFT_EXIT)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_6</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

The bonnet and the tailgate are to be assigned door 5 and door 6. If you click on a clickspot, then they should open or close.

The question: Can you even define a 6-door code in the ModelDef.xml that can tag the bonnet and tailgate and animate in the sim? Is that technically possible?

D

Deleted member 1281

Christian, IIRC you can only define four exits, both in the cfg and in the indexed variable, like you can only have four engines. But of course there is no reason why you shouldn't have Lvars like (L:bonnet,bool) and let the animation run with a multiplier of 100, adding a suitable Lag (try 20). Need more info on that?

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
... you can only define four exits, both in the cfg and in the indexed variable ...
Hi Manfred!

I already thought so, it will be due to the variables that only door0 to door 3 know. Thank you for your answer :)

Am very interested in how to solve the problem with Lvars. But I only know Lvar from the connection with Gauges. Some time ago I created a Firefighter Avatar for LORBY-SI. The avatar can carry various items (ax, torch etc). The items were then switched over a small gauge.

Is it possible to control the doors, bonnet and tailgate with Lvar's? Without gauges?

Country
indonesia
if you have mouse click on model, you can use Lvars instead. with this you can do as many as door you want. of course it will not use default door keyboard command anymore.
with Lvars you can control fully from modeldef.xml. find sample on stock modeldef.xml, find simple one with "bool" unit.

this stock sample,
Code:
    <Animation name="switch_true_or_magnetic_heading"       guid="9C461EE4-F7B0-41eb-B01A-2FBA59EB2D7C" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay"  length="50"  typeParam2="switch_true_or_magnetic_heading"/>

Code:
  <PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_true_or_magnetic_heading</Name>
    <AnimLength>50</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowTrueHeading, bool) 50 *</Code>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowTrueHeading, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowTrueHeading)</CallbackCode>
    </MouseRect>
  </PartInfo>

you will need 2 animation for door,
animation for "door handle" and the door it self. the door will need <Lag></Lag> for slow/smooth animation

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1281

Yes, just like Kalong says, just replace the Lvar by one of your own and maybe add the line <Lag>20</Lag> after the Code section; the smaller the number the slower the action (trial and error). Note Kalong's animation is only of length 50, could be 100, and we are using the old FS9 xml style. Remember to put name and chosen length into the guid section, too.

Nice car, wouldn't mind having one... Does it have working brake lights? I know how to do that ... And can it reverse? I know how to do that, too. Where's the bigmouth emoji...

--Manfred

Last edited by a moderator:

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Thank you, Gentlemen!

That has great and the first try works. The Lvar theme is very interesting, would not have come in life to open the doors of a vehicle ;-)

@mjahn
When braking, the taillights do not work yet. That would be a great idea if you can apply that to the Chevy! And the car does not drive backwards either. Only if you start pushback. If it suits you I will contact you later :)

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi Christian,

This car model looks fantastic !!!
And I would be very interrested to work with you on the "driving" characteristics of this car model; i.e. the "FDE".

What I'm always missing in car addons (that I know of) made for FSX/P3D, is the accuracy how they drive in the scenery.
A few examples:

- They lack the concept of a (manual- of auto- , both with reverse) gearbox.
Meaning the engine rev's (both read on instruments and audible) have no proper relation with actual speed of the car.

- They drive like the car is propelled by a jet-engine, while a real car drives because of propelled wheels (via a transmission between engine and wheels) and the friction between tires and surface.

- They "float" around when you are steering; ie. even at moderate speeds (like 30 miles/hour) the direction of the car doesn't follow the steering frontwheels exactly.

- No concept of "wheel-spin" (when you apply too much throttle) or "blocked-wheels" (when you apply too much brake pressure)

- etc etc.

Based on my "VSTOL" trickery, I've made various "car-FDE" addons in the past.

If you are interrested, just Email me or send me a PM.

Rob

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I had forgotten to show the valid and well functioning Lvar code for the doors, bonnet and tailgate here. Thanks Maryadi for your gold tip!

Code:

<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_tuer_1" guid="b134ff04-b61e-44b5-b9e8-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_tuer_1"/>
<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_tuer_2" guid="c134ff04-b61e-21b5-eeff-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_tuer_2"/>
<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_tuer_3" guid="d134ff04-b61e-22b5-aabb-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_tuer_3"/>
<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_tuer_4" guid="e134ff04-b61e-66b5-adad-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_tuer_4"/>
<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_hood" guid="f134ff04-b61e-87b5-bdef-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_hood"/>
<Animation name="switch_chevrolet_tailgate" guid="b134ff04-62ef-ffae-b9e8-27b0a3de2b3d" type="Sim" typeParam="AutoPlay" length="100" typeParam2="switch_chevrolet_tailgate"/>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_tuer_1</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowDoor1Status, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowDoor1Status, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowDoor1Status)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_1</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_tuer_2</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowDoor2Status, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowDoor2Status, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowDoor2Status)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_2</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_tuer_3</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowDoor3Status, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowDoor3Status, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowDoor3Status)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_3</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_tuer_4</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowDoor4Status, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowDoor4Status, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowDoor4Status)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_4</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_hood</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowHoodStatus, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowHoodStatus, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowHoodStatus)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_5</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

<PartInfo>
    <Name>switch_chevrolet_tailgate</Name>
    <Animation>
      <Parameter>
        <Code>(L:ShowTailgateStatus, bool) 100 *</Code>
    <Lag>40</Lag>
      </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
      <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
      <CallbackCode>(L:ShowTailgateStatus, bool) ! (&gt;L:ShowTailgateStatus)</CallbackCode>
      <TooltipID>TOOLTIPTEXT_EXIT_DOOR_OPEN_6</TooltipID>
    </MouseRect>
</PartInfo>

Rob, many thanks for your very generous offer. Will possibly come back later. First of all, I have to familiarize myself with further topics relating to vehicle design :)

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Rob, many thanks for your very generous offer. Will possibly come back later. First of all, I have to familiarize myself with further topics relating to vehicle design
No problem to wait ....LoL ….
Just realise that IF you want such an addition, you need to makes changes in the model code (modeldef.xml).

Example: to visually animate "spinning" wheels (because of too much throttle) properly, you can't use a standard animation but need to implement a custom animation controlled by gauge code.

Rob

Country
us-arizona
Christian,

Awesome job on that Suburban! Salute! Well done.

Rob,

I was doing cars back in FS2004 days and learned some tricks from Bill Lyons.

You can place the payloads deep in the ground (like fuel) so that it corners well. The CG will locate super low. Give it a very stiff suspension and that will also help out immensely.
Tire diameter will also be in the config in the contact points. You might already know that.
Tire steering is via Rudder, for Christian to know.
If you do a lite-weight config, it should accellerate and decellerate more like a real car. Increase the prop thrust for better accelleration.
There is a way to keep the tires from locking up, which they do in P3D and might do in FSX. I forget what they do in FSX. One of the guys that is a master FM writer knows how to turn off the ABS of the tires so they do not lock up with brakes.

Hope that helps.

Bill
LHC

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you do a lite-weight config, it should accellerate and decellerate more like a real car. Increase the prop thrust for better accelleration.
There is a way to keep the tires from locking up, which they do in P3D and might do in FSX. I forget what they do in FSX. One of the guys that is a master FM writer knows how to turn off the ABS of the tires so they do not lock up with brakes.
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the input.
But I think you are missing my main point; it's not only an animation problem.
FSX/P3D has no idea of the concept of wheel-driven vehicles.
Meaning that there is NO proper relation between actual engine rev's (both in instruments readings and audible sound) and actual speed.

Whatever "standard" FDE you use and however you tweak it (either prop-based or jet-engine-based) , propulsion is always based on displacement of air by a prop or jet-engine.
And that's not how a real car works: the engine drives the wheels, and the friction between tires and surface determines speed (and accell/decell) ....

Rob

Country
us-illinois
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the input.
But I think you are missing my main point; it's not only an animation problem.
FSX/P3D has no idea of the concept of wheel-driven vehicles.
Meaning that there is NO proper relation between actual engine rev's (both in instruments readings and audible sound) and actual speed.

Whatever "standard" FDE you use and however you tweak it (either prop-based or jet-engine-based) , propulsion is always based on displacement of air by a prop or jet-engine.
And that's not how a real car works: the engine drives the wheels, and the friction between tires and surface determines speed (and accell/decell) ....

Rob

I don't think we'll ever see a "true" wheel-driven vehicle system in P3D, but what Bill suggested should be a decent approximation, at least for the purposes that you intend to use it.

Are you planning on modeling a transmission system into it as well? Because your engine RPM won't always be proportional to your ground speed unless you only intend to use one gear and no clutch (which would make for an..."interesting"...driving experience.) o_O I can imagine that this kind of simulation would require some serious code running outside of the main sim to work properly. Braking via an axis rather than a boolean input is a whole other story as well...

I guess the question is: How accurate are you planning to replicate an SUV's acceleration, transmission, ground handling, etc.? There's really only so much you can do with the "standard" FDEs and config files to mimic ground propulsion, since this is a flight sim after all.

rcbarend

Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I can imagine that this kind of simulation would require some serious code running outside of the main sim to work properly.
Very true ….
Which is exactly what I've gauge-coded in the past for a few existing car addon models; implementing a 4/5/6-forward speed + reverse gearbox and auto-clutch.

Simular to what I coded in my "VSTOL" implementations, like in the SSW Harrier, Dino Cattaneo's F35-B and Maryadi's V22 Osprey.
Or for a fully wind-driven ship, like Milton Shupe's HMSBounty and HMSVictory.

Indeed, FSX/P3D "standard FDE's" don't know the concept of ground propulsion.
Like it also lacks the concept of variable thrust direction, wind propulsion (for sail ships) and spaceflight.

How realistic such gauge-coded implementations, working around the "flightsim FDE's" are … ???
IMHO a lot better then what can be achieved by "tweaking" the standard FDE's.

Yes, there are limitations to what one can achieve in a flightsimulator like FSX/P3D.
But mostly limited by the amount of time one wants to invest in creating accurate and realistic code (or entirely replacing them, like in Micho's space models) that works around the limitations of FSX/P3D.

My "problem" is that I'm a layman in creating visual models (VTOL aircraft, ships, cars, spacecraft or whatever other 'niche' in FSX/P3D )
Hence my interrest in what Christian is creating now, and what I think I could contribute to it.
Because his visual model, and attention for detail, looks stunning…..
And deserves more then a standard, "tweaked" FDE that still makes the car drive as if propelled by a jet-engine or prop-engine on it's tail. ...LoL

Cheers, Rob

Last edited:

Milton_Shupe

Resource contributor
Country
us-newmexico
Rob,

I really liked the programming work you did for the Ford Racing Stock Car I modeled. The exterior lights, the transmission, clutch, wheel rotations, etc all worked great! It's a fun vehicle to drive. Thanks

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Example: to visually animate "spinning" wheels (because of too much throttle) properly, you can't use a standard animation but need to implement a custom animation controlled by gauge code.

@rcbarend
Have send you a pm!

Have put in the last days neat hand on the Chevrolet and with the help of @mjahn it is now finally managed to bring the long-desired Windshild Rain Effect to the Chevrolet. I'm absolutely happy about that, could actually dance a round of samba out of sheer joy :D

@lionheart
The animation of the front wheel steering I left first with "c_wheel", because the animation over "rudder" has nullified the animation of the driver. But I'll deal with it later and in more detail. So far, there are these features:

Animated doors, bonnet, tailgate, sun visors and armrests. The steering wheel and the driver are animated. The Windshild Rain effect (based on the P3D-LUA script) is simulated on both the exterior and the interior model. The lights are accessible via the standard occupancy: landing light, navigation light and cockpit light:

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_animationen.jpg

Chevrolet with all previous Lvar animations

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_fahrerin.jpg

The driver is animated

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_abends.jpg

The Chevrolet at night and with lights switched on

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_rain_effekt_2.jpg

The Windshield Rain Effect on the exterior model ...

p3dv4_chevrolet_suburban_rain_effekt_1.jpg

... and in the interior model

The journey is still long before the Chevrolet will be ready and there are still some questions left.Thanks to all who participate here, for this very lively contribution :)