• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

    • Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

    Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

    By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Recent content by WesFlight

  1. WesFlight

    Alpha Channel Usages

    :D Thank you, I will give it a try and hopefully everything will turn out perfect. Wes
  2. WesFlight

    Alpha Channel Usages

    My question is about the Alpha Channel Usage. I am puting gates in at my home airport in seattle. It is going to be released as freeware. The gates are animated for diffrent types of aircraft. While I finished placing the gates around the terminal, I though about the ground scenery. In other...
  3. WesFlight

    Objects Placement

    Yes, exactly. I am placing my gates in Washington State at SEATAC airport. This would make since. I never even thought about that. :banghead: Thanks, Arno
  4. WesFlight

    Objects Placement

    Arno, Thank you for the reply. No I am not using any special tweaks that I know of. O found that if I want to place something say at 100 degrees, I would add 20 on to that. If I add 20 onto whatever heading I want it then works fine. I am not rotating anything weird in GMAX so I really dont...
  5. WesFlight

    Objects Placement

    Ok, I can succesfully get an object into Flight Simulator. However, how to I figure out the heading. When I place it at a heading of 0 it always faces some other direction. Whats the trick? Thanks, Wes
  6. WesFlight

    How TO??

    Thankyou, For some reason I did not see that before... Wes
  7. WesFlight

    How TO??

    Were would I go to learn how to do Alpha Channels? What I would like to do is make a fence basically using an Alpha Channel. Is there a tutorial somewhere? I use Adobe Photosshop for my paint editor, if this helps any. Thanks, Wes
  8. WesFlight

    Gate Animation

    I really do not know if this is the right forum. If it is not, Please excuse me. What I am trying to do is make a gate that will animate in flight simulator that will accomadate several diffrent aircraft. For example, 737, 747, 767, etc. I can animate a single gate size, but would like to...
  9. WesFlight

    mdl to bgl

    Is there a way to convert old mdl files from other FS into bgl compatible files for FS9. I would like to talk aircraft from FS98 and use them as static scenery in FS2004. Thanks in advance. Wes
  10. WesFlight

    Strobe Lights

    I am trying to place red blinking lights on top of my buildings, like in real life. I have read the SDK for the attach tool. But, I do not inderstand how to do things like stobe lights for scenery. I can do a beacon and I can attach effects but I cannot get things like flashing lights working...
  11. WesFlight

    Animation Problem

    The doors are animating as they are supposed to, in reference to movement. To my knowledge I did not use anything special. I did set the gizmos to the center of the object and aligned them to the world coordinate. But, I am only a begginer when it somes to animation so I dont know if its me...
  12. WesFlight

    Animation Problem

    THanks Arno for checking the ASM files. I dont know why I was using Middleman and MDLcommander, I probably used them for something along the way along time ago. Anyways, I redid my GMAX pipeline and I am now able to get animation in Flight SIm. However, the scenery with animation I put into...
  13. WesFlight

    Animation Problem

    Thanks, I just downloaded it, I'll give it a try and see if I cant get it to work!! :) Wes
  14. WesFlight

    Animation Problem

    Thank you both for your response. I have attached both asm files. As far as the version problem goes, I have listed the version of the programs that I am using. Gmax 1.2 BGLC All I know is I downloaded from the 2002 SDK MakeMDL From 2002 SDK I am also using Middle Man v1.3 I am using...
  15. WesFlight

    Animation Problem

    I am new here. I have been working with Gmax for a while and have succesfully made plenty of scenery for FS. I have decided to explore animation with scenery. I have made a simple object in gmax with a swinging door. I named the box it connects to "base01" and the swinging door...
Back
Top